Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Shalom!

sha·lom

[shah-lawm; Eng. shuh-lohm]
–interjection Hebrew .
peace (used as a word of greeting or farewell).
This is a welcome & and a farewell. For many reasons this is farewell... to dreams that have been in the works for years and which have now been crossed off the list of "impossible dreams" I now say goodbye--appreciating fully all that I have become as a result of these pursuits.
When I first went away to college, I heard a lecture by a woman in her early thirties... (how old she seemed at the time) ...she challenged us to make a list of "impossible dreams" and then one-by-one work to cross them off. I have officially accomplished all but 3 of the original; however, as I have grown and matured--so too has my list of "impossible dreams."
But to the many dreams in progress, embryonic dreams and dreams which have not yet crossed my mind... I exclaim a welcome, shalom!
As many do, I have faced a fair share of resistance in accomplishing these dreams; however, this has not derailed my determination; rather, it has been a catalyst of accomplishment. Life has been difficult at times and I have lost touch with some of the wonderful people who have crossed my path but I hope to reconnect with each of them, and to remain in touch with all the influential people who have helped me to make a reality of seemingly "impossible dreams." I owe a great debt of gratitude to those who have helped me to become, and I hope that my life and accomplishments will stand as a testimony of gratitude to each of them.
תודה